Chambers’ Apothecary Veterinary Compounding
We are proud to be your home for veterinary compounding excellence.
We are experts in creating custom medications for animals, as well as humans. We are trained in animal pharmacology and create custom formulations to solve some common problems in giving medication to our animal patients. Compliance to medication regimens can be even tougher with animals that do not like to be force fed pills. We compound custom medications specified by your veterinarian using the highest quality chemicals, devices, and processes.
Here are a few examples of what we can do to help make medication an easier time for both caregiver and their furry friends:
- Custom flavoring for both tablets and liquids (ex: chicken, beef, or tuna)
- Mixing medication into treat form using the pet’s favorite treat (ex: ginger snaps)
- Making medication into a topical delivery that can be used to apply to the pet’s ear
- Compounding custom lavage or enema suspensions to help animals with bowel issues
- Making smaller tablets that are easier to swallow
Common pet medications we compound:
- Cyclosporine (oral and sterile ophthalmic)
- Tacrolimus (oral and sterile ophthalmic)
- Many more specialized compounded medications!
Feel free to bring us those problem pets that you have trouble delivering medication to help them. We can help with your veterinarian to come up with a custom solution to make medication delivery easier on everyone. We have different shipping options to get medication to you quick and efficiently. Give us a call today and see what we can do you for you and your animals.
Pet CBD Education
Currently, there has been no formal study on how CBD affects dogs. What scientists do know, like humans, is that cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous systems, which help maintain balance in the body and keep it in a normal healthy state.
While there’s no definitive scientific data on using CBD to treat dogs, there’s anecdotal evidence from dog owners suggesting it can treat pain, especially neuropathic pain, as well as helping to control seizures. CBD is also used because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cardiac benefits, anti-nausea effects, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety impact, and for possible anti-cancer benefits, although there’s no conclusive data on this use.
If you and your veterinarian decide that you should try CBD as a treatment for your dog, there are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing CBD oil. Not all oils are the same; you’ll want high-quality CBD oil to have a better chance of it working.
- Look for a clean product: CBD products should not contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.
- Don’t price shop: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. You don’t want to go for a cheaper option that could have toxic substances such as pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals. Make sure your CBD oil is free of additives.
- Broad Spectrum: It is recommended that pet CBD products do not contain THC for their safety. To the get full benefit that hemp oil has to offer, all pet products should be broad spectrum.
- Get the analysis: The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis (C of A) that tells you the amount of the different compounds that are in the product. Many hemp oil products contain only small amounts of CBD or are not truly broad spectrum (click here to learn about Full and Broad Spectrum products).
Chambers’ Apothecary Brand of Pet CBD products
We are excited to have our own brand of Pet CBD/Hemp Oil manufactured for us. The quality is so great that we put our name on it! Here are the top 5 reasons why you should buy our Chambers’ Apothecary brand of CBD/Hemp Oil products:
- Our products are grown and manufactured in the USA. We are closely involved in the manufacturing process from beginning to end, or seed to shelf!
- Our products undergo extensive testing to ensure that every step of the manufacturing process has met analytical testing standards. We proudly pass this information onto our customers so that they can see the quality for themselves!
- Our products are TRULY pharmacist recommended. Our pharmacists also provide the professional guidance you need regarding how CBD/Hemp Oil products interact with your prescription medications.
- Because we test all of our products extensively, you can rest assured that the ingredients listed on the bottle are indeed there!
- Our products are a pharmaceutical grade and manufactured meeting good manufacturing practices (GMP) standards.