The Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans used silver to support immune function. These ancient cultures learned that silver possessed powerful anti-microbial effects. Phoenicians stored water, wine, and vinegar in silver bottles to prevent spoiling. Hippocrates, the “father of medicine”, wrote that silver had beneficial healing and anti-disease properties, and he praised silver for its tissue repair and wound healing abilities. In the Middle Ages, silver spoons were given by wealthy godparents to babies as baptismal presents, believing that those “born with a silver spoon in their mouths” survived illness and the plague due to silver’s cleansing properties. Silver was one of the few antimicrobial treatments available before the discovery of antibiotic drugs. By the 1930s, Colloidal silver was the preferred choice of physicians for empowering the immune system and supporting the body’s innate healing process. In the mid-1960s, NASA developed a lightweight generator to dispense silver ions into the drinking water aboard Apollo spacecraft to kill bacteria, and in 2015, they approved the use of a silver-based water purification system aboard the International Space Station. Today, silver is experiencing a renaissance as consumers seek out more natural ways to support their health and well-being.
- Tasteless, Safe & Pure.
- Only Excipient: Purified and Distilled Water.
- Made in the USA.
- Free of major food allergens: Contains NO: sugar, dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, soy, corn, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.
- Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and VEGAN.
- A 2007 study showed Silver can help in healing skin wounds when applied topically.†
- Silver is used in products for the possible treatment of acne.†
- Silver is currently used as an aid in conjunctivitis treatment in newborns in many hospitals.†
- Fairly safe and well-tolerated at 5 mcg/kg of body weight or less.†
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
|9141||8 fl oz (237 mL)||VIEW LABEL|