Aging is a major contributing factor to the issues associated with prostate health. The prostate gland is a walnut-shaped gland that surrounds the urethra, for this reason, any inflammation of the prostate may result in urinary-related problems i.e. difficulty urinating, painful urination, etc. Saw palmetto has been studied and shown to help support prostate health via several different mechanisms of action. Clinical trials have demonstrated the beneficial properties of the active ingredients found in saw palmetto. Most of the clinical research done on saw palmetto has been carried out using European standardized extracts of saw palmetto. European standardized saw palmetto unlike other types, is grown, processed, extracted, etc. using the most stringent standards in the nutraceutical industry. It is b cause of these standards, that European standardized saw palmetto is able to provide the beneficial effects associated with its use.†
- Standardized Saw Palmetto from EuroMed, a world leader in the manufacturing of European standardized herbs.
- Standardized to 85-95% fatty acids and sterols in a liquid softgel.
- Also available in 160mg potency.
- Saw Palmetto Berry Extract is used to support a healthy prostate.†
- Its primary mode of action involves supporting healthy testosterone metabolism, in part by maintaining healthy 5-alpha-reductase enzyme activity and receptor binding.†
- Clinical studies have shown Saw Palmetto helps to support the normal activity of 5-alpha reductase enzyme thereby supporting normal, healthy levels of DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Saw palmetto also influences the binding of DHT to prostate cells, which helps support normal, healthy prostate cell structure and function.†
- In a recently published JAMA meta-analysis of 18 clinical studies involving over 3,000 men, Saw Palmetto extract was shown to provide important urologic support by promoting healthy urinary function.†